"I can't wait to get to heaven!"

There are some people who will be alive when Jesus returns. We should live with joy that it may be us - like little children!

"It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners...a ransom for all..." "Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed...." (1 Timothy 1:6-2:7; Corinthians 51-54)

After I had discussed the wonder of his salvation and this coming change with one of my grandsons a few years ago he said "I can't wait to get to heaven". My first action was to silently pray "please God, keep him from those who would rob him of that JOY".

As a child I had felt that joy when my Mom would tell me about Jesus my Savior and the heaven we are destined for. But by the age of 15 I had been baptized in a church 3 times and even then was not entirely sure I was saved. 


Where had I lost that joy given me by my mother? 

In the false doctrines of the church they attended.  So if you send your children to church, at least warn them that some of what they are told may not be true. Jesus is coming, maybe in our lifetime, and he wants us to be in a place of joy, like little children, not in fear of the religious doctrines of men. 

"And Jesus said to them, "Watch out and beware of the leaven of the Pharisees and Sadducees...the teaching..." (Matthew 16:6-12)

When Jesus came the first time he was successful in saving all mankind, not just the religious folks, in fact, he chose to eat and drink with those "sinners" he came to save, but the religious folks said of him...

"Behold, a gluttonous man and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and sinners!" (Matthew 11:19)

When Jesus comes again he will once again eat and drink with "sinners", including the religious crowd, after resurrecting them all "imperishable" - giving these new born "infants" the joy of their salvation.

"I praise You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and intelligent and have revealed them to infants....Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light...
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord... (Matthew 11:25-30; Romans 6:23)

"Papu, I can't wait to get to heaven" - me neither Lawson!

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction