I Am Not Ashamed

“…I AM NOT ASHAMED of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation…” (Romans 1:16)

Will preaching about Jesus, teaching about Jesus, or writing a commentary on the Bible change what God has determined to do for humanity? Of course not.

And what about preaching, teaching, or the commentaries on the Bible that turn out to be wrong? Will that change anything God has determined to do? No

Then why preach, teach or write our thoughts down at all?

Good question but for me the answer is simple. I share my views simply to let others know what I believe. I do not want people to think I believe something about Scripture because I was raised in a Baptist church and therefore believe what Baptists believe. 

Most people go to the Church in which they were raised. I attended a Southern Baptist church because my Mom and Dad took me to one, and I continued to go for years because I liked the people who attended with me. I was not there to learn what the Bible says because I own a Bible and can read it for myself.  I would respectfully listen and if I agreed with them fine, and if not, well that was fine also. I know what I believe and in whom I believe from a personal study of the Bible.

Many of my thoughts on the Scripture are different than Baptist doctrine, however, I remain confident in what I believe about the God of the bible, such as…

“…God has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity, but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel...I AM NOT ASHAMED; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.” (2 Timothy 1:9-14)

Popular posts from this blog

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction