My New Year’s Resolution was at first the following…

"Set your mind on the things above, not on the things that are on earth."
(Colossians 3:2)

Then I remember a recent experience I had in "getting lost in my heavenly thoughts".

I was driving back to Sayre from OKC. I was on the North side around Penn Square on the loop headed WEST and home to Sayre and supper...lost in my thoughts about Heaven and how best to communicate my faith on Facebook. The next thing I knew my cell phone rang and Sue Ann asked "where are you?" I looked at the next road sign and noticed I was headed WEST and a few miles from Shawnee…. Sooooo I answered Sue Ann with the only logical answer I could come up with... "I was abducted by aliens and they dropped me off in Shawnee! - I'll be a little late getting home for supper"

Sue Ann didn't believe me!

So I altered my New Year’s resolution to read….

Under no circumstances will I set my mind on things above while driving my car...at least when Sue Ann has supper waiting on the table.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction