New Covenant

"...For I tell you I will not drink again from the fruit of the vine until the kingdom of God comes. In the same way, after the supper he took the cup, saying, this cup is the new covenant in my blood, which is poured out for you." (Luke 22:17-20)

The "you" above is the Jewish people. This "supper" occurred at a Jewish Passover meal. Passover is one of the seven feasts that Jewish people are to observe, and they have absolutely nothing to do with Gentiles, like most of us.

Jesus is telling his Jewish followers that he would not be around for any more Passovers until he had returned to earth and restored the Kingdom of Israel. Revelation tells us that this Kingdom will last 1000 years and that his Jewish followers would be raised from the dead to REIGN with him in that Kingdom.

The New and Old Covenants both have to do with God's plan for Israel (descendants of Jacob through his twelve sons).

“The days are coming,” declares the Lord, “when I will make a new covenant with the PEOPLE OF ISRAEL and with the PEOPLE OF JUDAH. It will not be like the covenant I made with THEIR ancestors when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because THEY broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them” declares the Lord. “This is the covenant I will make with the PEOPLE OF ISRAEL after that time,” declares the Lord. “I will put my law in their minds and write it on THEIR hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the Lord. “For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

So, what about the rest of us - the "ecclesia" (church) among the Gentile "nations"?

Paul is our apostle, and he tells us we are saved by the GRACE of God - apart from the Law of Moses - and that we will be raised to REIGN with Jesus, not in the Kingdom of Israel on the earth, but “among the celestials." It is a great plan for us! Traveling across the universe in an immortal body, proclaiming the "grace" of God among the vast creation of our wonderful and loving God.


"...to me, less than the least of all saints, was granted this grace: to bring the evangel of the untraceable riches of Christ to the nations, and to enlighten all as to what is the administration of the secret, which has been concealed from the eons in God, Who creates all, that now may be made known to the sovereignties and the authorities AMONG THE CELESTIALS, through the ecclesia, the multifarious wisdom of God..." (EPHESIANS 3:3-10 CLNT)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction