We Don't Really Know Him Yet

“I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.” (Philippians 3:10-11)

Some have made this verse something to be attained in this life. But to me it is just a simple statement of our “hope” for the next. Like Paul

“I want to know Christ…” – I will really know Jesus only when I meet him face to face in...

“…the power of his resurrection…” – Just as Jesus experienced the power of the resurrection, so too I am to be resurrected, and will see Jesus face to face having experienced...

“…the participation in his sufferings…” – This participation of his sufferings occurs when I die and have become...

“…like him in his death, and so, somehow, attaining to the resurrection from the dead.”

Only then, after my death and resurrection, will I really “know him”.

As for the present, well...

“For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known…” having faith that “...those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint….” (1 Corinthians 13:9-12; Isaiah 40:31)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction