Calling on Joe Sinner!

Prayer Warriors – Who are these folks? 

The term “prayer warrior” is not used in Scripture. Nevertheless the term is often used by many well-meaning Christians. I suppose the idea is that certain people or methods have more sway with God so that their prayers and methods get more results from God than the average Joe Sinner. Really?

“Two men went up to the temple to pray. One was a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed, God, I thank You that I am not like the other men—swindlers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and pay tithes of all that I receive. But the tax collector stood at a distance, unwilling even to lift up his eyes to heaven. Instead, he beat his breast and said, God, have mercy on me, a sinner! I tell you, this man, rather than the Pharisee, went home justified. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted.” (Luke 18:9-14)

I like to think that some folks pray for me from time to time, and I have had times in my life that I felt I needed prayer. I tend to pray for myself, but if others want to pray for me, I hope it is by Joe "sinner” rather than a “Pharisee”.

”And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites. For they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. Truly I tell you, they already have their reward. But when you pray, go into your inner room, shut your door, and pray to your Father, who is unseen. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not babble on like pagans, for they think that by their many words they will be heard. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask Him.” (Matthew 6:5-8)


Old Joe does not dwell among the "hypocrites", and is the kind of "sinner" who has been "humbled" and "justified" by God and most likely prays without "many words" in "secret"….

"Very strong is a working supplication of a righteous (justified) man." (James 5:16 YLT)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Gun to My Head Prediction

Trust Him, He's Got This!